Last Updated on 2 years by Go Review Rite
Fiverr is one of the most popular platforms for freelancers and it is one of the top places for every newbie freelancers to start their career, notwithstanding you need to read this unbiased Fiver reviews.
If you looking to purchase your first gig to grow your business or you want to join the platform and start selling your services as a freelancer and you’re not sure if it is the right place for you – this Fiverr review should provide all the answers you need.
We’ve also added something a little extra for those looking for how to make money on Fiverr and if it is truly possible to make money on Fiverr.
Table Of Contents
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is an online marketplace where you can buy and sell various digital marketing freelance services. At this point, it ranks as one of the biggest marketplaces for digital services with a database of more than 2 million sellers.
Fiverr was founded by Shai Wininger and Micha Kaufman in 2010 as a marketplace that would provide a two-sided platform where people could buy and sell any digital services.
The site started out with few digital services and has since grown to offer almost any digital service available. In addition to that, the quality and quantity of gigs offered on the platform have increased dramatically.
How Does Fiverr Work?
Fiverr works just like any every other marketplace. There, you will find buyers (contractors) and sellers (freelancers). The sellers will list the services (gigs) they can offer and the buyers who are interested in these services would go-ahead to review them, ask further questions and then purchase them.
Fiverr acts as the middlemen ensuring that sellers and buyers can do their business in a safe and professional manner so that everyone benefits from the end result.
For every transaction or gig sale, Fiverr takes 20%. Once the seller has delivered the gig and the buyer has confirmed the delivery and settled every issue with proofreading or correction, Fiverr will pay the seller in about 2 weeks.
If you’re a Level One or Level Two seller, it will take just about 14 days (2 weeks) to receive payment from Fiverr. Top Rated Sellers get even better treatment and would receive their payments within 7 days.
What Are Fiverr Gigs?
A Fiverr gig is a service that is offered by a freelancer or seller on the Fiverr website. The gig price could start from as little as $5 to $10,000. Fiver Gigs are offered in any of the following main categories.
- Graphics & Design
- Digital Marketing
- Writing & Translation
- Video & Animation
- Music & Audio
- Programming & Tech
Each category houses many more subcategories that specifically details the service that would be offered. This helps buyers to get the right service and the right person for the job.
Is Fiverr Legit?
Yes, Fiverr is a legit platform for both buyers and sellers. With more than a decade of experience on its side, Fiverr has grown to be one of the safest marketplaces for freelancers. Buyers can always trust in the quality of jobs they receive.
In cases, where the services provided are not equal to the quality advertised, buyers can also report and get Fiverr to work on providing them with the best.
This makes it trusted by not just buyers, but also sellers looking for a safe place where they can be assured of receiving funds after a task is completed.
Is Fiverr Safe for Buyers?
Buyers would have one of the best times on this platform thanks to its unfailing track record.
As a legit and trusted platform, Fiverr has one of the most reliable customer support services that is always at the ready to resolve customer problems. You can expect a professional response in about 24 hours after you file a ticket.
The customer service is always at the ready to resolve issues with delay in delivery. That’s to say, if a seller fails to deliver an order on time, you can choose to extend the delivery time or request a refund. You may be refunded partially or fully and this happens instantaneously.
For extra security, the platform has an SSL certificate that will keep all personal and banking information safe and out of reach from hackers or third parties.
Both buyers and sellers can enjoy the top-notch security protocols provided by the site though sellers get to provide more details including information about their education and background to ensure for a scam-free marketplace.
Are Fiverr Reviews Legit?
Fiverr reviews refer to the reviews and ratings of a seller which will help you determine how great that seller actually is. In reality, Fiverr is full of fake reviews and you may end up getting the worst service from a seller with a 5-star rating. even through Fiverr community works to remove any seller caught in act of buying review.
This could slow down your work and you might end up spending more time to get things done.
If you’re a newbie to Fiverr and you’re looking to purchase a gig, you can use the tips below
- Spend some times going through gigs on Fiverr. Research at least 10 sellers with the right experience and services that suit your needs.
- Go through the Fiverr reviews to determine the quality of the gigs. Rather than reading through the positive reviews, look for the negative ones. This should give you an insight into the problems other buyers encountered with the seller and you can decide if that’s best for you.
- Avoid going for Level One Seller just because of the ranking. In real sense, this doesn’t mean you would get the best quality job. It actually means that the seller was able to complete a certain number of gigs. Instead, focus on sellers that have been able to build a good reputation with their services.
- Contact each seller that meets your requirements and ask for a sample of their most recent work. You should ask for something close to the task you have for them. With the sample delivered, you should be able to tell you about the quality of their work.
- Fiverr helps you get work done on a budget so you shouldn’t be expecting the best of the best if you’re looking for pay as low as $5. If you’re looking for the top sellers, then you should be ready to spend a little extra to get the best job.
Buying on Fiverr -Honest Fiverr Reviews
There are extra tips to have in mind when looking to buy Fiverr gigs. While Fiverr has made it incredibly easy to purchase gigs and get the best sellers on your tasks, you would have to take more precautions to ensure that you do not fail for the worst sellers.
The main issue with Fiverr that has given it its damaged reputation is its bad ranking system. In most cases, a buyer would rely on a seller’s ranking before deciding to work with them. However, Fiverr’s ranking system is not really reliable.
Sometimes, sellers with the best rankings are the worst and you’d have to deal with a delay or worse, get a low-quality delivery.
When buying on Fiverr, you should actually take note of the cost of the service. One thing to have in the back of your mind is that you won’t find a high-quality service cheap, anywhere, even on Fiverr.
If you notice that a high quality service has a total cost of $5, it could be due to one of the three scenarios.
- The seller is a newbie and is selling the services at a low price to improve the rating of the gig. This is the most likely scenario and if you see a newbie seller offering a gig at a low price, you might want to take that gig, that’s after doing more research of course. This also means that the price of the gig would rise in the future. Note that while the seller could be new, it doesn’t always mean that they would deliver a high-quality job. If you’re on a tight budget, you might want to take the risk and try out the seller.
- The seller could come from a third world country where the value of the currency is significantly lesser than the dollar. This means that $5 would be a lot of money over there and while you might consider it small, it actually gives the seller a huge advantage. The problem with going for this seller is the quality of the work that would be delivered. A seller in a third-world country might not be well exposed as another from a developed country. This means they might not be able to deliver a superb job due to the lack of the necessary tools and resources. It is pretty hard to know a seller from a third world country but you should be able to get a hint if you can perform extra research.
- The seller might not have to put in any effort to deliver the job. This is true in cases like building links and getting social media followers. Some sellers can automate bots to handle these tasks and just focus on other gigs. The problem, once again, has to do with the quality of work delivered. If you’re getting automated followers on your social media pages, you’re probably getting fake followers that would not help grow your business in any way. In fact, your social media accounts may get flagged and you might not be able to recover them in the future.
You should keep these three scenarios in mind whenever you come across an incredibly cheap gig. It is never the best decision to go for a cheap gig even if you’re on a tight budget. Most times, you’d end up getting a low-quality service that you would have to spend extra time and effort to proofread and perfect.
Even worse, you might not get a full refund from Fiverr if you initiate a refund. So you’d end up wasting time and money.
How To Become a Seller on Fiverr?
Fiverr allows you to signup and set up a seller’s profile without any additional requirements or costs on your part. However, before you can set up a seller profile, you must be ready to provide a service.
There are possibly hundreds of services that can be provided on Fiverr and remember, you’re one of over 2 million freelancers trying to get a client.
Once you’re signed up, you can go ahead to create your first gig. This gig will appear on Fiverr’s search results page when searched by buyers.
When you land your first buyer, you should look to offering the best service to keep them with you. This should get you some positive feedback that will grow your orders.
Is Fiverr.com Really a Scam? – Fiverr Reviews
No, Fiverr marketplace is not a scam but like every other marketplace, it has its highs and low. In Fiverr’s case, it is more of lows which is why it has a low score on BBB. This is due to the fact that most sellers on Fiverr offer really low-quality services that could cause problems for buyers.
As a buyer, you should look out for a sign that a seller won’t offer the best service and move to another that will. Watch out for fake Fiverr reviews, or new sellers selling a high service at a very low price.
For the latter, it could be a case of a new seller trying to market themselves to get reviews and more credibility, however, in other cases, it could simply be a low-quality seller offering a low-quality service.
You should also watch out for sellers that cannot communicate effectively. This is a red flag that should not be overlooked as you may have problems getting a job delivered or getting the job corrected if the need arises.
If you come across a gig that looks fishy, you can always ask the seller questions and clarify your concerns before moving on with that seller.
For sellers, it is all about offering the right job at the right time and delivering as at when due. The buyer might request that you make corrections to the job and once all that is out of the way, you should receive your payment depending on your level (this should be between 7 to 14 days).
What To Sell On Fiverr?
Fiverr allows you to sell almost any digital skill and make a lot of money from. The good news is that you can check out the services that are high in demand n Fiverr, take a course to learn them and then go back to Fiverr to offer such a service.
Learning a new skill shouldn’t cost much but you should look towards learning from the best. Providing high-quality services on Fiverr is the best way to grow as a seller and would help you get more buyers for your gig.
You can try out any of the following top-selling Fiverr Gig ideas.
- Social media manager
- Whiteboard animation video creator
- Logo designer
- Resume and cover letter writer
- Mobile app developer
- Digital marketer
- Content writer
- Infographic Designer
- Voice over service provider
- Podcast Related Service Provider
- WordPress designer
- Game developer
- Sales funnel creator
- Canva designer
- Language translator
- Virtual assistant
- Audio editor
- Website tester
Why is Fiverr so Cheap?
With prices as low as $5 for logo creation or writing web content, it is safe to say that Fiverr is one of the cheapest places to get a job done. However, that doesn’t mean everything on Fiverr is cheap.
Some services like building links and getting social media likes/followers would cost incredibly less than having to design an infographic or build a website.
Still, Fiverr is a micro job site that is designed to handle smaller tasks. This is why most jobs won’t cost a lot as the site isn’t focused on large projects.
However, you should note that cheap doesn’t always mean better when it comes to hiring a service. If you’re looking to build a WordPress website or design a logo, you can’t expect the best service from someone charging just $5 to get it done. If you’re looking to get the best service, then you should be ready to pay a little bit extra to get the best seller handling your job.
Are you about to order your first gig from Fiverr? Then I have some good news for you. Today I will share a Fiverr promo code that will give you 20% off your first purchase. This offer is for first-time buyers only who haven’t created an account yet.
Final Fiverr Reviews Thoughts
That’s just about everything you should know about Fiverr. The marketplace is one of the main contenders in the industry and while it doesn’t have the best ratings, it is one of the best places to start a career as a freelancer.
When you sign up to Fiverr as a seller, you should focus on delivering high –quality service and on how to boost your ratings. As a buyer, you will find some of the cheapest services and while some aren’t great, many would deliver the best job for you.
Reading through this Fiverr reviews, you should be able to set up your Fiverr account, know how to sell and get buyers for your gig and finally make money on Fiverr.
I’m an experienced media executive, complex problem solver in practice, a strategic thinker who can lead teams to deliver on corporate goals and revenue targets
I’m passionate about Blogging | Social Media Influencer | Digital Marketing | SEO and Content Optimization | Email Marketing, Lead Generation | Audience Development and Engagement | Food, Health, Technology, and Lifestyle Editorial… helping other creatives fulfill their goals.
Helping people tap into their potential is my passion & helping organizations find that talent is my job.
Feel free to contact me directly